Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Avast fraud

On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:35:33 AM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 05:54:48 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

wrote:

For example, a friend of mine has an issue right now where

about every 5 or 10 mins, his PC momentarily stops accepting input

from the keyboard and just sits there for 20 or 30 secs.

I've seen erratic behavior in keyboards due to the driver. Another

place to look / try is Keyboard Properties in the Control Panel.

- Character Repeat

- Repeat Delay

- Repeat Speed

I didn't quite describe it right. It's not just the keyboard, the whole
PC appears to just suddenly stop for 20 or 30 secs. For example, if a
video is playing, it too stops. I think it's just that it's most noticeable when typing something, because the typing suddenly stops appearing. It
happened after having some issue where Java kept wanting to update. Even
though we tried to let it update, it would still keep popping up, wanting
to update, so intrusively that I wondered if it was really Sun Java or
some malware. We removed Java, re-installed, that didn't fix it. Finally
went back and did a restore point from a month ago, and that fixed the
Java thing. But now it's doing the pause stuff. There are no older restore
points to try. So, I think the only solution is to do an OS restore. The
PC is about 3 years old, so that may not be a bad idea anyway.