Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
Avraham Bernholz Avraham Bernholz is offline

Default Why is the micro USB so fragile compared to mini USB cableends?

Chris Uppal wrote, on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:47:03 +0100:

Price ? Brand ?

I don't have the original shrinkwrap, but it was generic
Frys stuff. I will have to go back and look at the brand,
but, how does *that* help?

Let's say the brand is "made in China" stuff?
Is that necessarily better or worse than "made in anywhere else"
stuff?

I'm sure if the brand were "Belken", it would be good, but,
I think this was just generic stuff. Why should something as
simple as a cable need to be name brand anyway?

And, what is a name brand (other than Belken) anyway, for
cables?