Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default spray paint for home repair

On 8/19/2014 11:51 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've had more than a few clogged, or just
useless rattle cans of spray paint over the
years.

Does one brand work better than other brand?
Do the cans have a shelf life?

Should I shake them for some number of minutes?

Get down to a paint store and buy some Preval sprayers. They fill with
YOUR paint and spray much better than any of the cans I've used. You
can use oil or water based paints, put a cap on the bottle to store the
leftovers and they don't cost much (price has gone up since I last
purchased one). If it is a job that matters, I use the recommended
thinner for the paint I'm using; if it doesn't matter that much, I use
water or turp. They are perfect for smaller jobs, like odd shaped stuff
and (especially) louvers. They don't seem to make as much overspray as
cans do, and don't dry as fast as the canned crap so's you can fix
booboos. I redid an old range vent hood using the P.S. and Rustoleum
enamel and it looked like new when I finished; also painted it place in
my kitchen with a little newspaper for protection.

http://store.preval.com/p/the-preval-spray-system