Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Tidal power

On 20/08/2014 08:25, harryagain wrote:
"Dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 19/08/2014 19:20, harryagain wrote:
"Dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 18/08/2014 09:56, "Nightjar \"cpb\""@ insert my surname here
wrote:

£15k invested with a medium risk portfolio I have with HSBC would
have increased to £22.78k over 5 years. I wonder if he has made
as much out of the FIT.

He would have made about £5k but at zero risk.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...efficient.html

You aren't very energy efficient if you are using 7000kWhr a year.
That's more than I use and the daughter uses a lot.
You need to do better if you actually want to save the planet.

I could never save £4000 a year on energy, I don't pay anywhere near that
much and never have. You must waste a lot.

You're not clever Den are you.

I use around 4000Kwh/year

Which means that if you didn't have all your gubbins, you would have to
have spent about £4500 per year on energy for your house. Pull the other
one....

But the saving includes some for the car.
And no gas bill,
And tax free.

My *total* energy bills including all the petrol for the car and all the
diesel fuel for the boat are about £2500 per year.

I could possibly reduce them by abut £500 by getting rid of the Land
Rover and buying a G-Whiz, but I'd need to hire a van once a month or
so, or pay to get the coal and gas delivered which would eliminate
*that* saving quite quickly.

Unless you live in a mansion with no insulation, it would be quite hard
to spend more than £4000 on energy. When I lived in a reasonably
insulated house, I spent about £3000 p.a. and I wasn't trying to
economise. Then again, I wasn't ripping the rest of the country off
claiming a large FIT payment.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.