Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default OT Tidal power

On 20/08/2014 08:21, harryagain wrote:
"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 19/08/2014 19:32, harryagain wrote:
The fire brigades are well aware of how to deal with PV panels these
days...

Yep - unless life is at risk, stay outside. The risk of live cables or the
panels falling though the roof is too great to risk the lives of firemen,
just to save property. In Germany, the insurance companies won't even
insure firemen who enter a burning building with solar panels on the roof
and they are experts at assessing risks.

Bollix.
I spoke to the local fire brigade, they were at our local fete.
The panels are nowhere near as heavy as the roof covering and would likely
remain there until the roof structure collapsed.

http://www.westyorksfire.gov.uk/uplo...5833ee5d86.pdf

--
Colin Bignell