Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Martin Bob Martin is offline

Default Bicycle, crash hat and accident

in 1329488 20140819 132140 John Williamson wrote:
On 19/08/2014 13:15, Dean Punchard wrote:
I find this topic hilarious, car people vs bike people. By the way I have 1 bike, 1 family car, an

d 1 classic car, so which am I?

So let me tell you my reason for biking to work and back everyday,
1. It's quicker. 2. It's cheaper 3. It's exercise.

So let's take point 3, EXERCISE, and also bear in mind the obesity problem in our country. Do you

honestly think any government would want to discourage exercise (in our case biking), by taxing and
controlling cyclists?

Perhaps I should just waste money on another car, fuel, and then expect the NHS to pick up the bil

l for my fat reduction surgery? Hmmmmmm....

They could also save quite a bit of money in emergency medical treatment
by ensuring that cyclists were aware of and followed the rules of the
road, with sanctions short of the current ad hoc death penalty for those
that don't.

Presumably you are one of the many who are, but a significant number of
cyclists, especially in London, either believe they are invulnerable, or
that the rules of the road don't apply to them.

Just be grateful that the crazy ones aren't behind the wheel of a car.
(I nearly said "behind the wheel of a white van" but many of them are)