Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Slow Leak

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:40:58 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

As you're noticing, different plastics have

different repair techniques. I'd want to get

someone local (to you) and on scene to figure

out the answer. We'd mostly be guessing.

Since it's pool plumbing, it's reasonable to assume it's PVC water
pipe.

Yes Sir. In the desert tough it is usually painted to reduce UV damage
for above ground pipe. A poster here one time suggested using a shop
vac on a pipe, add the PVC glue so the vacuum pulls the glue into the
crevice of the leak. Never done that but it did sound reasonable, at
least for a short term fix.