Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default removing a speaker's connector panel

I'm finally getting around to upgrading a pair of Advent speakers (the
original model with green tweeters).

The connector panel -- on which the crossover network is mounted -- is glued
to the inside of the speaker. I could remove and replace the crossover
components in situ, * but that strikes me as asking for trouble. It would make
more sense to completely remove the panel.

The "obvious" way is to repeatedly run a sharp knife (such as a carpet knife)
along the panel's edges, until enough of the adhesive has been broken that the
panel comes loose.

Is this "reasonable", or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

* I'm also replacing the switch and the jacks.