Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Tidal power

"harryagain" wrote in message

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 18/08/2014 20:29, Dennis@home wrote:
On 18/08/2014 09:56, "Nightjar \"cpb\""@ insert my surname here wrote:

£15k invested with a medium risk portfolio I have with HSBC would have
increased to £22.78k over 5 years. I wonder if he has made as much out
of the FIT.

He would have made about £5k but at zero risk.

Nothing is zero risk. His house might have caught fire and the fire
brigade refused to enter, because of the solar panels. He might have
failed to hear an electric car approaching and been run over and killed
before he had time to enjoy ripping off the rest of society. The risks of
failure might be low, but they are never zero. I think that the low risk
version of the fund would probably have produced a similar return to the
FIT, although I don't have actual figures for that option.

The house is insured.

And its completely trivial to ensure that it can't catch fire anyway.

The solar panels did not increase the premium.
There is still a good return from PV panels, they are much cheaper now.
Not so good as it was on FIT day one, also you have to get in more
technology eg solar switches.
The fire brigades are well aware of how to deal with PV panels these days.

Yeah, there is no risk they will just sit there in the truck and watch it
burn.

I would say around 50% of houses round place have solar panels.
I was the first, I write in our parish magazine.

I am looking into getting a rotating array for the garden,
You get 40% more electricity from a rotating array,
They cost a bit more and the site is not ideal.

One place I walk past for exercise has a couple of ****ing
great rotating arrays. Very impressive. And eliminates any
possibility of the fire brigade wetting their pants too.

Dunno if there will be any planning issues.

Reminds me, we are having two giant wind turbines a few miles away, 500Kw
jobs.
More to come it's rumoured.
The local are going bananas. Heh Heh.

You poms always were barking mad |-)