Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default OT Tidal power

In message , harryagain
writes

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
.. .
In message , "Nightjar
\"cpb\"@" "insert my surname writes
On 17/08/2014 17:38, Tim Lamb wrote:
I don't imagine Harry was seriously suggesting a return to horsepower

I sometimes wonder what Harry is seriously suggesting, as none of his
proposals are practical, except for a very few living with the support of
a highly industrialised country that is not relying upon the technology he
espouses. I can't help but feel that a lot of his postings are trying to
justify to himself having spent as much money as he did on his house.

It can be very hard admitting being wrong about something particularly if
it involves close family.

Presumably Mrs. Harry had to be convinced that living in an insulated but
ugly home was necessary to save the planet. Every argument which questions
this position must be rubbished if sound reasoning is not available.

I can sympathise with the original PV investment on a purely commercial
basis: 15K spent, no intention to ever relocate, original FIT payment....

You seem to have forgotten this is a DIY group.
My investment will have paid for itself in six years (four already gone.)
Energy price rises ensure it.

I haven't forgotten. The helpful price rises are coming from my
contribution to your FIT.

Too late now but selling off generating capacity was a huge mistake as
was the failure by succeeding govts. to promote nuclear generation. The
CND marchers of my youth are now 70+ and need reliable energy sources.

--
Tim Lamb