Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Idea for repairing my laptop power jack

"Tim R" wrote in message

I have the week off and decided to take the ten minutes a day
working on it advice given earlier. I cleaned off the table and
picked up the basement room and got mentally ready.

But first, I took it in to the geek squad dept at the local stationery
store and asked them to check it one more time. Yeah, that jack
looks loose, it shouldn't move like that, let me plug it in with your
power supply -- nothing -- let me plug it in with the store's power
supply - hmmm, powers up fine. I bought a universal power supply
and am back in operation.

Life Is Not Fair. Especially when all the symptoms point to one and only one
cause -- which isn't it.