Posted to alt.home.repair

Default spray paint for home repair

On 8/19/2014 12:11 PM, wrote:
The best spray heads are the ones where you see the wire between the
top and the base of the spray head.
They can be removed and cleaned easier. The actual tip comes off the
sprayer.
Be sure you invert the can and blow out all the paint from the head
when you put it away. I know people who remove the heads and store
them in thinner between uses but that is a bit much for me.

When you are using an old can of paint. be sure you shake the hell out
of it. One little chunk of gummy paint coming up the tube will put you
out of business. At a certain point, you may just be throwing these
old cans away.

I'd not noticed about the little wire. Will look
for those. And yes, I've thrown out a lot of cans
with plenty of paint left.

One time I punctured a spray can. Figured I could
let the pressure out, then later punch bigger hole
and brush the paint on. The paint and propellant
sprayed and foamed all over the place, and I'll
never do that again.

--
..
Christopher A. Young