Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default OT Tidal power

On 19/08/2014 13:04, Richard wrote:
"Nightjar wrote in message

On 18/08/2014 20:29, Dennis@home wrote:
On 18/08/2014 09:56, "Nightjar \"cpb\""@ insert my surname here wrote:

£15k invested with a medium risk portfolio I have with HSBC would have
increased to £22.78k over 5 years. I wonder if he has made as much out
of the FIT.

He would have made about £5k but at zero risk.

Nothing is zero risk. His house might have caught fire and the fire
brigade refused to enter, because of the solar panels. He might have
failed to hear an electric car approaching and been run over and
killed before he had time to enjoy ripping off the rest of society.
The risks of failure might be low, but they are never zero. I think
that the low risk version of the fund would probably have produced a
similar return to the FIT, although I don't have actual figures for
that option.

But that would not give the same smug feeling of legitimately dipping
one's hand into the pockets of others.

Its not that different, you are taking profits from companies.
The profits come from ordinary people the same as taxes.