Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default Please help to identify burnt component

In message ,
whit3rd writes
On Monday, August 18, 2014 6:18:20 PM UTC-7, William Iglesias wrote:
I hope anyone can help me to identify a couple of components please,
I want to know if they are resistors or capacitor etc. and the
voltage, because maybe I can replace them with another ones that
doesn't look similar but with the same specifications, thank you in
advance. please check the images in the link and click next to see all images:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&set=a.1020396
3399478102.1073741839.1615989191&type=1&theate r

The "L35" and "L37" designations are for inductors (L :== inductor, C:=
capacitor, R:== resistor)
and are easily tested; if the resistance across them is near 0 ohms,
they're fine.
The other two purple-circled items are (if I'm reading the PCB markings
correctly) C534 and C535,
and your schematic identifies those as 10 pF, 50V, case size 0402

Those are all just intended to filter a VGA output so it doesn't
radiate RF; there is NOTHING
critical about the exact values used, which is why the 50V rating was
applied (to a component
that will never see more than 3V peak). It's also why the 'L35'
position is identified without
a component value, probably it was found to work just fine with a
zero-ohm jumper
in that spot (which saves a few cents).

I would have thought that the feeds to a VGA screen would be
shot-circuit-proof. If so, what caused them to burn out?
--
Ian