Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] spaco@baldwin-telecom.net is offline

Default Need Cincinnati shaper tool holder

Thanks for the offer to "look around", Gunner.
I was surprised to find no room for the lantern style tool post flange on the backside of the clapper, but it hadn't occurred to me whether the back face of the clapper is held away from the front face of the clapper box in some way. Or there might be recess in the clapper box itself.
I'd rather not make a new clapper because I would be concerned about getting the taper pin hole in exactly the right spot.
Still haven't figured out why there are two setscrews that could hold the tool post in place. I can't believe they'd hold the lantern tool post in place when one cranks on the tool tightening screw.
Maybe I do have to take a trip back up there, armed with measuring equipment and some good lighting. In the manual I saw, it showed that the model number may be located someplace on the front of the ram, and I'd like to have that knowledge too.

Pete Stanaitis