Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Slow Leak

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 09:15:51 -0700 (PDT), Dottie
wrote:

I went to Ace hardware and it was the opinion of two people who work with the plumbing supplies -- that the water pressure where the leak is, would prevent the caulk from working. I called a man we've used before to come by and look at it -- he does pool repairs.

Dottie,

Look into Plasto-Joint Stick Thread Sealant

http://www.amazon.com/Plasto-Joint-Thread-Sealant-1-25oz-11775/dp/B0030CT6V4

There is also another type, silicone, blue in color that is an
adhesive. The name escapes me at the moment, but a pool store that
does installs would be familiar with it. It seals threads, basically
the same way.

This assumes the leaks are at the threads of the chlorinator
connection.