Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] spaco@baldwin-telecom.net is offline

Default Need Cincinnati shaper tool holder

Thanks for the tips so far.
I goofed and didn't make it clear that the part I need is the lantern type tool post itself, not the took holder (which I have a few of around here.

The link to the Cincinnati parts manual was very helpful. My problem now is that there is no relief on the backside of the clapper for the flange on the tail of the lantern type tool post. So I don't understand what would keep it from pulling out of the hole when the bolt that holds the tool or tool holder in place is tightened up. There are two set screws in the clapper that would tighten the lantern style tool post in place, but I don't think they were designed for the outword pulling force that the tightening-bolt would produce. The clapper in the picture in the parts manual SEEMS to show that the backside of the clapper is relieved, but that's no so on the machine we have.
Now I am wondering if maybe there is a relief cut into the head itself to provide clearance for the lantern tool post's flange. I am about 120 miles away from the machine and just got back from 3 days of fairly intense blacksmithing, so I am not ready to hop back into the van again. But, we have until next year to get it done.

Pete Stanaitis