Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Deadlines Missed for Inspections and Objections, Realtors' Fault, How To Respond

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hi,

I never bought a pre-owned house. Always had one built per my specs. and
sold one I was living in via realtors. Like I mentioned, no prospective
buyer without pre-approved financing. Price the house couple grand less
than going price in the neighborhood. Never took more than a month to sell
the house. Brand new houses always come with government backed
warranty.(mandatory for every house builder here)
One example, a new house was built in a brand new sub division. The house
started sinking dangerously after less than 2 year's occupancy
to a point of beyond remedy. Research found out that spot was farm's trash
dump 100 years ago. House was demolished, rebuilt with
properly reinforced foundation by the warranty program.

I wanted to build a house like I wanted, but searched 6 months for some land
like I wnated and could afford. Could not find any , so started looking at
houses and land for another 6 months before I found a house that was about
25 years old that met most of what the wife and I were looking for.

I don't think the realitors around here were too serious about looking for
things. I had seen 3 differant companies and not one contacted us about
anything in that period of time. I did find 3 houses during that time that
would have met most of the specs I gave the realitors. Finally found this
house on the internet using the MLS search. Then had a lot of problems
buying it even though I had the cash in hand for it.

I made an offer much less than the asking price as I knew it had been on the
market for over a year. I did not even get a counter offer,but just a flat
no.
I waited 2 months and nothing else came open that I wanted. I then put in a
more reasonable offer and was taken up on it. While in closing I said
something to the owners and they said they did not even get the first offer
I made.