Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Deadlines Missed for Inspections and Objections, Realtors' Fault,How To Respond

On Sunday, August 17, 2014 9:21:37 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 17:32:39 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

wrote:

We still don't know what is in this "objection ammendment, why it was

proposed by the seller, what it's about, etc. Is this a list of alleged

"defects"? If so, then it's not an ammendment, it's a list of stuff they

want fixed,

I've never heard the term until now - "objection amendment"

Agree, and we still don't know what that means.

I think the OP is talking about counter offers - you fix this based on

this inspection - a way to negotiate what does or does not get fixed.

If that's what he's talking about, then I'd call it a list of items
from the inspection report that the buyer wants fixed. It's not an
ammendment at all. But that wouldn't
seem to make sense, because he's talking about allowing the buyer to have
another inspection, even though the deadline has past. If they in fact
sent a list of items they wanted fixed, then it means they accepted the
agree to fix whatever they have on the list, give them something off,
whatever. IF he's OK with that, I don't see what the problem is or
why there is talk of allowing another inspection after the deadline, etc.

Maybe the "ammendment" says they want to have their own inspection?

IDK, very confusing. Key is what exactly is in this objection ammendment?

I've refused to fix stuff before because it was nit picking. When I

agreed, I fixed it. Documented it and advised my agent.

We all know how inspectors play - CYA.