Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Deadlines Missed for Inspections and Objections, Realtors' Fault,How To Respond

On 08/17/2014 3:19 PM, wrote:

My take at present is that the buyer has been waiting almost two
weeks now for a response to their Aug 4 objection amendment, the one
that wasnot submitted to me until Aug 14. ...

And there's the rub in the "who's right" part -- if push comes to shove
he'll point at the timestamp on the signature. Your initial posting
indicates "the two realtors had a misunderstanding regarding addresses
for communication". To settle that, either one has to concede he/she
was in error or you've got a two-lawyer deal there. That can't be good
to getting something going from the status quo.

If new dates are a subject of negotiations, then you've got the choice
of whether to just sign the document now to try to get the ball rolling
as it sounds like it is in your court and express concern to both
realtors that somebody ought to be minding the kitchen. It's always
possible, I presume, to make your position known to note that your
signature of X date is within Y date of time or receipt of document to
indicate the delay wasn't on your part. Don't know that it would have
any effect or any legal standing but it might make you feel better...

Meanwhile, work on the other dates as a side issue...doesn't seem that
it could muck anything up; all they can do is try to push the schedule
one way or the other but if were amenable to the original one would
think they'd still be agreeable to holding as close as feasible given
the current status. Meanwhile, you could have your agent deliver the
message to them that the holdup was an oversight and not intentional on
your part to try to assure them as buyers you're not holding out...

It's the problem of not being allowed to just talk--could probably work
it out in five minutes face-to-face, but they'll never let you do it I'd
guess....maybe aren't even allowed to.