Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Deadlines Missed for Inspections and Objections, Realtors' Fault, How To Respond

On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 18:14:54 -0400, Lee B
wrote:

With the last house I sold, there were several things that the buyer
wanted fixed, based on the inspection. For several of them, eg
electrical or larger repairs, I provided a copy of the receipts. For
smaller items, the buyer and agents did a walk through to see that they
had been done.

Bingo. I put a floor in to divide a cathedral ceiling at the second
floor level. No permit. Which was required.

I was able to provide a proposal, a materials list, a statement of
work, etc from a licensed contractor. The Agent (Realtor) bought the
house based on that. Or I could have paid a penalty for not having a
permit for the construction and sold it anyway.