Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can someone please explain this to me?

On 8/16/2014 9:52 PM, nestork wrote:
Here in Canda, we have much the same thing, but only with the native
people of our country. The reason why 80 percent of the prison
population in Canada is native is because they've been so damaged by the
way they've been treated by the white man over the past 250 years that
they just can't seem to get it together anymore. That is, it's my great
great granddad's fault, and by association, my fault. I have several
tenants who are native women. One is a nurse and the other a social
worker, and both of them work on the native reserves in Northern
Manitoba. And, both of them quite frankly tell me that they see too
much alcoholism, alcohol-induced violence, drug abuse, family violence
and child abuse. The social worker has to take children away from their
parents because their paraents are drunk and stoned all the time,
there's nothing at home for the kids, so they hang out in the bush and
get high sniffing gasoline. The nurse has to patch up indians after
they get into drunken fights, often over nothing more than the last
bottle of beer in a case, or get raped by their uncle or someone else
that just happened to be hanging around the house. I get fed up being
told that alcoholism and drug abuse are "diseases" because that absolves
the drunk or drug addict from any responsibility in getting themselves
into that situation. People make choices in life, and if you make poor
choices, you end up going no where.

But, you see, I'm not allowed to say that out loud for being labeled a
racist. If we could shine the light of science onto human populations,
just like was common prior to WWII, we would undoubtedly find that there
is a great deal of diversity in every human race, but on average some
races just don't mature as quickly or achieve the same level of maturity
as they grow into adulthood, and that would explain much of what we see
in both Ferguson, Missouri and Northern Manitoba.

In the USA, the indiginous people have much the same
view point. Can't make any progress, due to how they
were treated by the European settlers. Very common
alcoholism, and violence and theft and welfare.

--
..
Christopher A. Young