Posted to alt.home.repair
Lee B Lee B is offline

Default Can someone please explain this to me?

On 8/17/2014 2:08 PM, Lee B wrote:

Just heard an interesting video referenced on the news.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...s-the-Incident

(hope that wraps ok; it does on my screen) I'm not familiar with the
site and would take the article with a grain of salt on its own, but it
does have a video. Warning - dead body shown lying in the road.

"A newly-discovered video taken in the aftermath of Ferguson, Missouri
teen Michael Brown's death features a conversation between two
bystanders, one whom relays what he witnessed€”and he states that Brown
fled a police car but then "doubled back" and was charging at officers
as they fired at him."

I had trouble following the actual audio, but someone attached a
transcript. The curious part is "The next thing I know €¦ Im thinking €¦
the dude started running €¦ (garbled something about €śhe took it from
him€ť)". Who took what (gun? cigars?) from whom?

All the rhetoric - from the media, the racist reverends, the agitators,
the residents and the police - aside...

"One picture is worth a thousand words!"

Video of a felony being committed (taking of goods from the possession
of the clerk in the store is strong armed robbery, a burglary (felony)
in some states) just prior to his death.

His involvement is now admitted to by the family's attorney

The cellphone video at the scene with Brown assuming room temperature
and the comments made - obviously have to be taken as true since one
would strongly suspect that the narrators are not likely to be rushing
to the aid of the police. The narrator tells us that he observed Brown
run away and then come back.

Ask yourself this... If you're a armed police officer, in broad
daylight, and some big lummox like Brown Over 6' and couple hundred
pounds, comes charging BACK at you, What do you do? Especially IF you
cannot clearly see his hands? If he refuses your order to stop?

What if he has a knife in his hand or something that looks like a knife
or COULD be a knife? There's what's known as a 21' rule that says if an
aggressor with a knife gets within 21' of you, you WILL get cut.

Were I confronted with somebody like that and I was armed? I'm going to
take my very best SHOTS until the threat is neutralized.

But let's not be talking about this good boy, who was merely engaged in
a childish prank or shoplifted.

Watching both videos, I would suspect that there were at least THREE
participants. Did you notice he handed off something to the one
standing behind him AFTER he reached across the counter the FIRST time
and that he didn't make that reach the first time until the THIRD
individual walked up to where the female clerk had gone behind the
counter? Was #3 distracting her from what Brown was doing? He gets my
vote, in which case this was surely planned. In Illinois that means it
was a burglary at the least.

Why Brown charged the officer? Who knows? We aren't dealing with a
MENSA member here; he is a thug

I know I've watched too many cop shows, but probably once a season, a
police officer is charged with shooting an unarmed person, and then it
turns out that the "innocent" person was armed, but an accomplice
recovered the weapon and hid it. I keep wondering about his friend who
was with him at the convenience store and then was walking with him in
the middle of the street. Who seemed eager to get in front of the camera
to give his dramatic account of what happened and most of the reporters
were eager to believe him (and doesn't he already have a lawyer?). I
wish I could figure out the pronouns in the new video of who took what
from whom, when.

I'm not saying that's what happened. More that I suspect there is more
to this story than we've found out so far. And unfortunately, now it's
been a week and people have had time to forget details, or be influenced
by this aftermath, so it may not come out.