Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Deadlines Missed for Inspections and Objections, Realtors' Fault, How To Respond

wrote in message
On Sunday, August 17, 2014 11:59:06 AM UTC-6, trader_4 wrote:
My biggest concern right now is that no deadlines for home inspection
(re-inspection?) and objections are in place, due to the snafu in
realtor-to-realtor communications.

I often wonder about some of the realtors. About 35 years ago I bought my
first house and did not have much of a credit record , but it was good.
Everything went smooth.

Went to buy a house about 10 years ago. As far as the deal went I had cash
money. Seems there was some kind of a mixup on the sellers end. Not that
they did not want to sell the house, but more so with the bank or something.
Not sure . We met at the lawyers office about 9:30. The sellers and the
realitors and lawyers went to a back room for about 4 hours for some reason.
Had I not been looking for a house for about 6 months like I wanted , I
would have walked out after the first hour. They finally came out and I did
buy the house.

Went to sell my dad's house after he passed away. It was payed for and I
was an only child and had a will so everything was ok on my end. The buyers
showed up about 2 hours late. It was not their fault, but the realitor had
something about the loan and did not let the buyers know about it to that
morning. They had to scramble around to take care of that.

Being fed up with the realitors I decided to sell the house I was living in
myself. Put up a sign and an ad in the paper. Showed it to about 6 people
and got an offer I liked. Downloaded a contract from somewhere on the
internet and we signed it. Had a home inspection done and the buyer got an
OK from the bank. Went to a lawyer and he did all the paper work. No
problem and saved the 6 % realitor fee.