Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Phil Hobbs[_7_] Phil Hobbs[_7_] is offline

Default where to buy inexpensive test lab supplies?

On 8/17/2014 10:30 AM, RobertMacy wrote:
Wow, I posted a question on buying caps and received several Digikey
recommendations. These caps at $.18 ea for 5 quantity. Yeah, that's
good, thank you. BUT!!!

for ten test leads to cost $100 seems a bit high!

for a solder sucker to cost $18.60 seems a bit high! where the same unit
at BG Micro was around the reasonable price of $6.23

So begs the question: Where to buy 'reasonably' priced lab supplies?

If your time is worth zero, buy cheap ones on eBay or maybe AliExpress.

Try buying one set of those test leads, and see the difference for
yourself. One of the best fourteen buckses I ever spent.

A solder sucker lasts me probably 5 years. You seem to be trying to do
some fairly difficult stuff--do you really have zero budget for
supplies, or are you just being terminally cheap?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs