nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Default Can someone please explain this to me?

A few days ago in Ferguson, Missouri, a white police officer shot and killed a black teenager named Michael Brown. The police say Michael Brown had been struggling with the police officer for his gun. Eye witnesses say that Michael Brown was shot with his hands in the air signifying he was surrendering to the police officer.

But now, despite the family of Michael Brown calling for peace, there is rioting and looting in the town of Ferguson, mostly by black men and women.

Can someone explain to me how black people rioting and looting in that town any way helps to:

1. determine the facts of the Brown shooting, or

2. improve race relations in Ferguson, Missouri, or

3. improve people's perception of blacks across your great nation?

Pardon me for being blunt, but is this not simply black people looting under the guise of racial anger? That is, how many of those looters even knew who Michael Brown was? How many of them cared if that ni**er lived or died? How many of them simply saw this as a situation where the police were too busy controlling protesters to chase after looters?

If it were a black officer having been accused of shooting and killing a white teen with his hands up in a gesture of surrender, would there be white people breaking into stores to steal liquor and electronics?

This is a case like any other. The accused is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Rioting and looting isn't going to help one bit. Why can't those black people understand that?

Last edited by nestork : August 16th 14 at 10:32 PM