Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Battery jumper units

On 8/16/2014 8:58 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
Yeah, my mechanic said he's already used it to start 2 tractors on his
property. He said that he could have gotten an extension cord to the
area and used a traditional battery charger or booster, but this was so
easy. He also said that is started a car and the unit hadn't been
charged for something like 8 or 9 months. The manufacturer recommends
about every 6 months and it can be charged via a wall wart or the
lighter socket plug in the car. My son looked at the amazon ad and saw
that there were 4.5 stars with 156 overwhelmingly positive reviews. BTW,
one of the good engineering things is that the cables to your battery
are only about 6" long, almost eliminating any cable resistance.

On the other hand, some times there is new
technology and I don't quite grok it for a
long time. This sounds like such a moment.

--
..
Christopher A. Young