Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bicycle, crash hat and accident

John Williamson wrote:

Have you looked at a bus closely lately? Most services now are purely
commercial and if they don't carry enough passengers to pay (Average
about 30% of the potential maximum over the route length), they're
removed from the timetable. There are still some subsidised services,
but they are getting fewer by the year.

I've been on 3 buses in the past month (in fact I've probably been on 3
in the past decade) one was mid-day between city centre and an out of
town shopping park, doubt it was 20% full, the other two were early
evening rural village into city centre, literally a handful of
passengers each time.

They might do themselves a favour if the phone app vs website vs printed
at bus-stop vs SMS timetables agreed with each other.