Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for square socket T-wrench

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 16:48:55 +1000, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 8/15/2014 9:28 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Oh, you're waiting for your cargo containerized shop, aren't you?

Yeah, probably a year before I can bring my stuff over, and it'll just
go straight into storage here, but at least I'll be able to get at
things. Then still have to put up a proper shop. Making some good
connections here. A guy at work will help me do up forms for the slab,
and his son will do the finish work on the concrete real reasonable.
Probably get a shop in a kit and have a shop raising part. Get a few
guys from work over, and we could knock it up in a weekend easy.

It's good that you're making friends and gaining conspirators.

But not bringing any machinery. Had nowhere to store machines there.
Shouldn't be too difficult to find a decent 5C capable lathe. But most
of the mills I see here have either Morse or NMTB tapers. Have only seen
one Bridgeport with R8.

Never heard of non-metallic tubercular tapers. groan I'm surprised
that the stuff in Oz isn't, um, Whitworth.

--
If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns.
It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they