Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Homelite string strimmer tool

Ralph Mowery posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Where can I find a tool for adjusting the carburetor for a Homelite string
trimmer. I can not find one like this. Have found lots of other similar
carb tools.

This adjustment screw has a round head with a small hole off center drilled
in it. Similar to a nutdriver with a pin near the edge would be what I am
trying to find.

I may have to resort to taking it out and cutting a slot in it with my
Dremal tool.

All my ideas have been suggested prior.

You could try putting a slot in w/ a Dremel tool.

Drill another hole opposite the existing one and use two drill bits or pins
in a vise grip to act as a spanner. Sometimes these screws are not meant to
be removed.

Take it to a Troy dealer and ask if he has the tool...

--
Tekkie