Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Raccoon

Frank wrote in
:

On 8/14/2014 7:18 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote in
:

Big SOB has been terrorizing household intermittently for
ages. Comes in through cat door; scarfs up cat food; messes
his water dish. We blocked up cat door; cat has to use window
giving on dark yard; have it open minimum, but anxious-making.

Google "electronic pet door". Short version: cat wears a collar
with an RFID tag, door won't unlock unless that tag is in
proximity.

Or if you prefer a more DIY solution... some years ago, I
remember somebody posting here a complete description of how
he'd solved the same problem by rigging up a video camera and
computer software to recognize his cat, and not open the door
for anything else. You can probably find that if you sink
enough time into Googling for it.

HB needs a no cost or less than $2 solution.
Haven't you seen his other posts?

I think Higgs Bozo is actually her, not him. Of course my last
suggestion -- litter-train the damn cat -- is the second-lowest
solution possible, next to getting rid of the cat altogether.