Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin[_3_] John Larkin[_3_] is offline

Default Super Capacitor Voltage Protection Circuit

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 18:37:24 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 18:02:27 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:
[snip]

This is one of those annoying cases where the OP has vanished after
the initial post and is not answering questions. Without more info,
it's a wasted effort.

Something along the lines of Field's relay method post... maybe with
MOSFET's... is most likely to succeed... just needs the right
controls
:-}

...Jim Thompson

Jim... I haven't vanished, just out of town. I don't quite understand
what clairification you require... 10 caps in series to give 27VDC total
operating voltage.. each with "something" in parallel to prevent over
voltage... overvoltage will cause "super capacitors" to short and fail..
that "something" must be such that it will not discharge the capacitors
when the 25 volts is removed, turned off, disconnected, not charging,
etc.

Bill

Do you know how much voltage is safe for those caps? Do you have a
voltage:current curve?

Do you have a clue? Not likely :-}

...Jim Thompson

You're repeating yourself, without content, as usual.

And if you want to design an elaborate protection circuit for an
expensive part that you don't understand, do that again, too.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com