Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Homelite string strimmer tool

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:28:13 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Where can I find a tool for adjusting the carburetor for a Homelite
string

trimmer. I can not find one like this. Have found lots of other similar

carb tools.

This adjustment screw has a round head with a small hole off center
drilled

in it. Similar to a nutdriver with a pin near the edge would be what I
am

trying to find.

Would these be it?

http://www.sears.com/homelite-carb-a...irectType=SRDT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261553892646?lpid=82

Google and Ebay are your friends.

Thanks, but those are not the kind I need. I have been all over ebay and
google and have not found one like I need.

That one is sort of close, but where the thing sticking down is, it is not a
wedge, but a pin that does not go to the edge of the screw.

I don't know what they are called, but they make a screw that has two small
holes in the head. I have some bits that fit screwdriver handles like that.
The screws on the trimmer only have one hole in the top of the screw and it
is round.

I just rebuilt the carb on my chain saw and had to order a spline type tool
for it. Seems there are 4 types of tools I can find. The spline, the D
type, and the Packman type like you showed. Just can not find the one that
has a single pin in it.