Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Raccoon

On 8/13/2014 5:15 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

THERE'S SUPPOSED TO BE SOMETHING THEY CAN'T STAND THAT I WOULD LIKE TO TRY SPRAYING BEFORE SPENDING ALL THAT $$.

I found these on-line. If you used, pls post whether it worked or not. Thanks!

Spicy Deterrent
Many reviews will tell you that there is no such thing as a real raccoon repellent. If you've tried it all from sounds to other tactics, then you might as well try this one too. All you need is some really spicy sauce (tabasco or chilly), a gallon of water, and some regular detergent soap. Mix all the ingredients to prepare a spray. Put it in a spray can and spray it all around your garden. They cannot stand the smell, so they won't even get past the plants.

Hot Pepper Repellent
Here is another natural repellent that you can try out. Get yourself a chopped Jalapeņo pepper, a chopped onion (yellow), and a tbsp. of cayenne pepper. Add these three to 8 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Once it cools down, strain the liquid to remove the chunks of the peppers. Fill it in a spray can and spray away.

Granular Repellent
There are quite a few granular raccoon repellents available at pest-control outlets, which just have to be dusted around the area. They are made of substances like ammonia or predator urine. Raccoons sense the presence of their predators through the scent of the urine. And so, when they smell the granules, they mistake it for the predator and steer clear of that area.

Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/raccoon-repellent.html

HB

About twenty years ago, a friend of my Dad's got
tired of the squirrel in his bird feeder, so he
shot the squirrel. (Military vet, out in the
country, good backstop, nice and safe). Next
day he shot the next squirrel. And he gave up
after 300 squirrels.

Whatever you do to shoot, trap, scare, spray, or
motivate the raccoon. Please plan to do it every
day, forever.

--
..
Christopher A. Young