Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Raccoon

Big SOB has been terrorizing household intermittently for ages. Comes in through cat door; scarfs up cat food; messes his water dish. We blocked up cat door; cat has to use window giving on dark yard; have it open minimum, but anxious-making.

Found raccoon in kitchen at night. BIG! Rushed out OPEN back door, brushing past my legs; no injury fortunately. So can't leave computer room door open for air at night.

OP has volunteered to kill it w/blow to head, but he doesn't realize how big and fierce they are. Also, first have to catch it!!

Point is: Why are RACCOONS -- biggest pest around -- "protected" !!!? I asked
Animal Shelter for help -- send someone to trap him, or lend me a cage. They said haven't done this for years. Gave me info about "protected" status. I'M THE ONE WHO NEEDS PROTECTION!

Not ept enough to construct own cage, though have plans/descriptions. Cost of materials - have to be VERY strong. Ever see the CLAWS on those critters!

Choices: Rent a cage. Buy a cage. Put up with cat door problem. Other?

*******SPRAY SOMETHING ON STEPS THAT THEY ARE SAID TO AVOID. Anybody know a product?******

OK, end sob story. Excuse venting.

HB