Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Gluing dowels

On 8/12/2014 11:48 PM, tdacon wrote:

"Greg Guarino" wrote in message ...

So I'm wondering if this is just par for the course and working
quickly is the only recommendation, or if there are any other tips
anyone can offer.

Instead of using something like Titebond, which is undoubtedly swelling
the dowels during the assembly time (they're designed to do that, when
used with a water-based glue), consider using something like Nexabond,
which is not water-based and will not cause swelling in the dowels.

Tom

I guess it would behoove me to learn something about glues. The first
thing I wonder is about squeeze-out. I know (sort-of) how to deal with
it with Titebond, but epoxy, nexabond, polyurethane?

---