Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default LED bulbs

On 08/13/14 09:16 am, nestork wrote:

No dimmer on that circuit yet, but I think we'll be buying the latest
Lutron LED-compatible dimmers for both rooms.

Can you post which Lutron dimmer you purchased and whether or not it
worked properly with LED bulbs. If I'm going to have to replace a
dimmer switch, I might as well get one that I know works.

I know the dimmer I bought for my mom's dining room chandelier barely
fit in the electrical box. Are the new dimmers smaller?

Haven't bought them yet because nobody keeps in stock the color I want
(Ivory must be out of fashion now, but that's what I want to match the
existing switches and outlets), but what I am looking at is the Lutron
Maestro C.L.* These are programmable for minimum and maximum light
level, fade-to-off delay, and... (I forget the other options). They are
large (I've seen other colors in the store) and would be a tight fit in
a single-gang box, but I assume that they must be NEC compliant. About
$30. The Diva models look similar and are a little cheaper, but I don't
think they are as programmable.

*MACL-153M-xx (where xx is the color code).

Perce