Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default EDF closes 4 nuclear reactors

In article , The Other Mike
writes

Could come to nothing,
but given similar operating hours, the severity / distribution of any defects
and capabilities to effect a number of parallel repairs or even replacements it
could quite easily lead to the loss of up to 2.3GW of generation on a temporary
or extended basis.

One report I read (I can try and find the link again if needed) stated
that the entire weight of the boiler is borne by the spine, so
repair/replacement may not be straightforward.

I have a feeling these reactors may be out of service for quite some
time, if not condemned altogether.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)