Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
J. P. Gilliver (John) J. P. Gilliver (John) is offline

Default What is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 class 10 micro SDHC memory cards

In message
dhosting.com, Elechi
Amadi writes:
I want to buy a 32GB memory card for my new Samsung Galaxy Note 3
and I see "Type 1 class 10" and "Type 2 class 10".

Googling, I see they use the word "type" for card types such as
compact flash and SD, etc., but no good explanation of the difference
between card types at any one class.

I think the class is speed: for general storage purposes it doesn't
matter, but for e. g. storing (or rather, recording and playing back -
storing alone is OK of course) video, you need above a certain class.

The _type_ I _think_ may refer to an older format change that is also
sometimes referred to as HD - high density - in the case of SD cards:
some older equipment can't use cards that are HD. Non-HD cards go are
mostly up to 2G in size, though a few 4G are available; I don't think
you can find HD ones below 4G. But I could be wrong in thinking types I
and II are the same as non-HD and HD.

Also, I have never seen a 5.3 volt USB charger, but the OEM charger
seems to be 5.3VDC and 2.0 Amps.

Must I get a car charger that is 5.3 volts?
(That's going to be hard to find.)

I doubt it. Does your 'phone show "charging" when connected to a
friend's charger that doesn't say 5.3? Does it charge when connected to
a PC? You could always try anyway - they're cheap enough, if you can't
borrow one.

--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

A closed mouth gathers no foot.