Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gluing dowels

Greg Guarino wrote in
:

Well, I don't believe I would ever have thought of that on my own. I'm
glad I asked. I don't have a disk sander, but I'm sure I could come up
with some way to accomplish it. Maybe a vee shaped recess with a stop
to hold the dowel, and a block plane? How much of a flat do you make?

Have you still got fingerprints, by the way? Those are awfully small
objects to hold against a disk sander.

I saw a tip in an old WOOD magazine where a fellow drilled a hole in the
end of a piece of stock to hold a dowel. He then used the bandsaw to cut
a groove in the dowel.

I'd probably go for the groove and stop, as it would seem to be much
faster to make.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.