Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oren's Fridge (now: lockout tagout.)

On 8/12/2014 4:21 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Maybe some brains work inverted. Kill button is start button
in that case, LOL! Way back when I was working a summer job on
HV transmission lines, Big sign was put on a trunk breaker,
saying "men working on the line for maintenance" One guy walks into
the room casually push the big breaker on, Kachunk! 7 guys fell from
towers, luckily none died but suffered serious burns and some broken
bones. Even today I think about that guy that day. Why? After that
accident, they put lock on the breakers.

Lockout tagout is one of the few regulations I
actually like. When possible, I do actually
both lock and tag.

I've heard more than a couple stories of power
being turned on at bad moments.

--
..
Christopher A. Young