Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Redneck Lantern

On 8/12/2014 5:54 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 20:24:49 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

Since my wife saw this, we have used it in several
power outages. Just shine a flashlight at a
clear jug of water. Presto! A lantern:

http://indulgy.com/post/qPU0SJKuJ1/c...ght-lamp-light

-T

I guess it helps, but I have a couple of LED lanterns that are bright
and last a very long time on a set of batteries.

I've got a couple of LED lanterns too and they are OK to find your way
around or have comforting light but even with a couple of dozen LED's,
there is not enough light to read by. Like my old Coleman gasoline
lantern but only if weather is cool as heat can be a problem indoors
during the summer if power fails.