Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Speaking of car ramps

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 19:26:18 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 16:06:58 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

I learned long long ago..push instead of pull..particularly in tight
places. I have good control ...and some scars and a broken finger once
or twice. Not since I learned to push.

That all depends, Gunner. If when it breaks loose when you are
pushing it rams you knuckles into some real nasties, you pull. If when
it breaks loose suddenly you pitch forward and risk a fall, you pull.
I(almost) always find I have better control when I pull on a wrench -
but make sure I don't line up my schnozz with where the wrench or fist
will end up when it lets go!! I have a lot finer control when my
contracting muscles are doing the job than when my mass is doing the
job.

Do what you do best. When I push on a wrench.I do it with an open
hand.

Remind me when you show up..Ill give you that SK breaker and you can
hang it on the wall.

Some of the older SK tools were very fine tools. Some of the later
stuff - leke everyone elses, is pure unadulterated CRAP.
Got an adjustable coach wrench I might be talked out of it too.

Nearly new..nice one. Bout 24" long.

Ill have to go look to see who made it.

"Trimo"

Thing must be a late late model..its the beefiest "monkey wrench" Ive
ever seen. Not..not a pipe wrench!! Smooth jaws and looks brand new.

Need pipe vises (Rigid chain vise). I have "several"

Need regular vises? English and US made...about 14 or so kicking
around.

And they werent that tight. Grabbed an 18" SnapOn bar and busted em
right easy.

I've been eyeing the $10 HF breaker, a 25", for the truck. But I have
Mr. Twisty, a 20" noname in there now which I've bent several times
with helpers. I've always used a jack or tubafore to back up the
hinge when I have to stand on the thing. The first lug stud I broke
cured me of the unsupported jump.

Ive never busted a lug bolt oddly enough. Take that back...borrowed a
3/4" impact gun once and busted off a stud. Found out seconds later
that it happened to be a left handed stud...blush......

Anyway, since Mr. Twisty didn't break, I kinda like the kinky thing,
so I'll likely just keep what I have. I always turned it over and
straightened it out on the same tough lug, so it's not a curlicue yet.

If it works..it aint broke.

Gunner

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."