Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default Soar-powered pond pump

On Monday, August 11, 2014 7:33:49 PM UTC+1, Bert Coules wrote:
"Charles" wrote:

Remember that lower voltage means higher current and thus more

voltage drop on the cable.

That's a good point, and distinctly relevant in my case. Thanks.

Bert

Low voltage in the garden can often be solved by the liberal application of speaker cable, high current, flexible, heavy insulation, cheap by the reel, it lends itself to vampire tapping, like scotchloks, for lighting.

Pond pumps tend to be mains operated, saves a warm running wall wart in the house, just use a dedicated plug in or wired to the cable RCD and a suitably IP rated box and arctic or preferably HO7 RNF rubber if you have to extend cable.

Been trying to replace for a while my solar powered plant turner from maplins years ago, could move a heavy pot , very slowly...

Pumps that are variable to the Sun level become annoying, its even on a cloudy day you want the soothing sounds of running water, fountain easier to get right sound out of than waterfall alone.

Very swish fountain controls have wind speed sensors..

Good pricing , decent service:

http://www.swelluk.com/