Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default EDF closes 4 nuclear reactors

On 11/08/2014 13:36, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
On 11/08/14 12:08, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
EDF has found a fault during routine inspection which requires 4 of
its nuclear reactors to be closed down. The closedown will take a
few days. They hope to have them back online in October. This is a
quarter of EDF's capacity.

I hope all the pillocks in the government are duly crapping their

pants...

That would be for selling off the generation of electricity so they no
longer control it?

You mean, had they not been sold off, then the Govt could decree that
there was actually no fault with the reactors, just like that? I mean,
I know they can magic money into existence, but fixing things that
easily, gosh!

Is that how the NHS works then - they just wave a magic wand over your
broken leg - and hey presto!?

Yup its not a broken leg, its a fully working leg with alignment and
"comfort" issues.

--
Cheers,

John.