Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Idea for repairing my laptop power jack

Given that the unit is unusable -- and those, technically, junk -- it seems
that the time spent to fix it would be worth the trouble. If you fail, you
haven't really lost anything -- except your time.

I think highly of ASUS products. (My last two computers used ASUS mobos.) That
alone would be justification for trying to fix it.

Here's a possibly useful suggestion... Find an undisturbed place to work on
the machine. Then, do a little bit at a time -- no more than perhaps ten
minutes. When you feel tired or irritated, stop and come back the next day.