Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LN40A530 Samsung LCD TV long to start...Capacitor issue ?

John-Del wrote:
On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 10:46:50 PM UTC-4, Mark Zacharias wrote:

Authorized Samsung servicer. The exact symptom given is well-known.

It was the caps, I've no doubt.

No doubt eh? Here's what the OP said: "I had checked all capacitors on the power supply board and they are reading all good (value/ESR). I even *changed* them and same thing."

Tell me Mark; how many times would you change the same capacitors before finally conceding they weren't the problem?

"rebuilding the main board" - I doubt it.

I've recapped thousands of Samsung power supplies, and have had a few dozen main boards in the MX10 series that would have the exact same symptom (slow start, cycling, better when warm). If you're a Nesda member (doubt it), you'll find the solution to stubborn Samsung MX mains there. Most professional servicers won't put every solution to a problem on youtube. I'm no exception.

haven't heard about NESDA in a while.

Do they have any members that are not within 5 years of retiring?