Posted to alt.internet.wireless,alt.os.linux,sci.electronics.repair

Default How to get a list of IP addresses connected to a WISP home broadband router?

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 10:10:05 +0000 (UTC), Clément Durand
wrote:

I'm surprised Jeff Liebermann hasn't responded, since he knows
everything about setting up WiFi security,

I don't do security. I hate security. I'm also busy, lazy, bored,
and playing with a few new toys and software. However, I don't have a
Ubiquiti M2 handy to test my guesswork.

Try:
arp -a
and see what it produces. You might get lucky.

Also, play with iwlist and iwconfig to see if they show connected
wireless devices (by MAC address).

Otherwise, try a bash script that pings everything in your IP block.
Something like this (untested):

#!/bin/bash
test_with_ping()
{
ping -c 1 $1 /dev/null
[ $? -eq 0 ] && echo $IP,UP
[ $? -eq 1 ] && echo $IP,dn
}

for IP in 192.168.1.{1..254}
do
test_with_ping $IP & disown # run in background
done

Use "nohup" if your bash doesn't do "disown". To run 254 IP's, at
about 1 second per IP, will take about 5 minutes. There's also no
guarantee that the connected machine will respond to an ICMP ping
request.

Are you perhaps trying to build a network map from scratch? If so,
there are network mapping tools that will do the heavy lifting for
you.

"Russia Bans Anonymous Access To Wi-Fi"
http://cellular-news.com/story/Regulatory/66778.php

--