Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The headboard Job

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 08:08:14 -0500, Leon wrote:

The main panel between the posts has to be wider than any of my clamps
capicity. I could have screwed some of my old pipe clamps together but
I still did not have enough. I needed to clamp in 4 locations a
distance almost 74", so not even my 6' clamps would work.

I don't use my pipe clamps a lot, but I've got a 3' pipe and a 5' pipe
for each one. That way I can go to 8' without having a lot of extra pipe
when I don't need it. I've only needed the whole length a couple of
times, but it was nice not having to rush out to buy the pipe :-)