Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Oren's Fridge

"trader_4" wrote in message

IDK if you've noticed this, but one of my favorites about incorrectly
supplying info, typically online while asking for help, is people
asking for help with their car and using the term "wont' turn over".
We know what that means, but I see an incredible number of people
that start threads saying the car won't turn over and it's only later
that it's discoverd they actually mean that the starter is spinning the
engine, it just won;t start.

I worked as an electrician at a lagre company and when almost any thing
stopped for any reason , it "kicked out" was what the operators would tell
us.
Could be anything from just stuff getting caught and the emergency shutoff
would stop the machine or a circuit breaker was tripped. A couple of
times, go to the motor and it would be running,but the coupling from the
motor to the equipment would be broken.

I used the term of a car engine of won't turn over to mean the starter will
not turn the motor, but others can say that and mean it will just not start.

A well known race car driver was asked what hapened to his car when the
motor quit during a race and he said "it came uncrunk".